Are you looking to get in at the ground floor of a cutting edge start up in the VR space? Do you enjoy pushing technology to its limits and constantly learn about emerging technology and implementation? Do you love building platforms that will shake up the way an entire industry works? Want to build out your own team and be involved in all key strategic technology decisions with the founders? Now is the time to make it happen!
We are working exclusively with Next World Enterprises on this exciting new role. Next World Enterprises is building the next world of safety, training, and inductions through Virtual Reality.
Please note: Apply direct to Digital Talent Co. for this role. Any direct applications to Next World Enterprises will be sent back to us.
With 11% of all workplace deaths related to falls from heights and the leading cause of confined space entry fatalities is inadequate training, VR offers a safe and controlled training ground for individuals to get the training they need to save lives.
They have the VR covered – with some of the best VR and gaming developers in Brisbane.
What they don’t have is someone that can build out a platform that will transform how safety, training, and inductions are done industry-wide and in turn, save lives!
Which is where you come in!
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer with Solutions Architecture and BI experience. This is a full time permanent role based here in sunny Brisbane.
The founder has proven experience building and scaling niche companies and will be a terrific non-technical mentor for your career development.
- Get into a cutting-edge scale up on the ground floor
- Work in the VR space – the innovation and emerging tech playground
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration with benefits
- See a clear path to CTO and beyond – no limits!
- Work for a company that invests in you – international conferences will definitely be in your calendar (in a post-COVID world)
- You are entrepreneurial
- You are an absolute tech geek – constantly reading up on emerging technology and ways it can be used to improve human experiences
- You are always learning – and will love a company that invests in that
- You love roles that combine Solutions Architecture, BI, Software Engineering and building out integrations
- You are ready for your next big challenge
Initial few months will be all about the architectural design of the platform – future proofing, software and infrastructure requirements, scoping project and overall strategy
Once the ‘design and strategy’ phase is complete, you will then be jumping on the keyboard to build out the platform
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the company in the development of a greenfield project that is a new-to-market concept
- Build your own technical team (contractors and permanent)
- Manage performance of your future team
- Be involved in key strategic decisions with founders and business leaders
- Lead the creation and management of the digital product roadmap
- Be the Technical Subject Matter Expert for the team – they are VR specialists, but when it comes to building a web platform… that’s where you come in!
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Communicate with technical and non-technical team members, stakeholders and clients
- Research and conduct competitor comparisons and analysis to understand industry trends and potential customer focused innovations
- Research and be constantly learning about emerging technology – our client wants to continue being an industry leader and pushing technology to its limits. To do that, they need your help!
- 5-7 years experience as a full stack software engineer/developer (with really strong backend experience)
- .Net and C# experience required
- Proven experience in Solutions Architecture or similar role
- Proven experience with integrations and custom API development
- Proven experience in Business Intelligence, Data Visualisations and Business Insights – the platform you will be building will sort and display high volumes of rich analytics
- Proven experience established cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP or Azure certifications will strengthen your application)
- Familiarity leading and executing the build of a greenfield project that has been completed (either commercial-project or personal-project)
- Experience or familiarity with Unity is preferred but not essential
We are looking for someone that has a track record of long tenures in companies. The successful candidate will be someone that wants to dedicate themselves to a fast growing company for 5+ years. If you have consistent small tenures, this is not the role for you.
Approx. $110k – $130k + super + extra benefits (commensurate of experience)
Interested? You should be! This is a truly incredible role that will see you push technology, the VR space and workplace OH&S and safety in new and exciting ways.
What are you waiting for? Contact Carly (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0488 721 180).
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.