If you dream of working and living in Australia, then there are several options available for you!

Employer Sponsored Visas

There are three possible employer sponsored visas that you can qualify for ? a Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457), a Permanent Employment Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) and a Permanent Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187).

The Sponsored Visa – Subclass 482
This visa allows skilled?international workers and their families to live and work in Australia for an approved business, within a time frame of two to four years, in occupations that are on the list of eligible skilled occupations. The 457 involves a three-step application process whereby you will need to obtain a sponsorship by an eligible business, be nominated by an eligible occupation, and then apply for the visa.

The Employment Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to nominate international workers for permanent skilled positions in their business, that cannot be filled as a result of?Australian labour shortages. To apply, you will need to engage in a two step process ? a nomination by an approved Australian employer, and a visa application under the nomination stream.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
This is a replica of the 186 visa above, and designed for regional areas of Australia.

Skilled Visas

Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
The Skilled Independent visa is a permanent residence visa which does not require a nomination by an employer or Australian State or Territory. It is designed for skilled workers who want to work and live anywhere in Australia in an occupation on the MLTSSL. Provided you reach a certain number of points on the ?Points Test,? lodge an acceptable EOI and meet the other eligibility criteria, you will be able to live in Australia indefinitely.

State Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
A 190 visa is an alternative for applicants who are unable to pass the ?Points Test? and receive the 189 visa above. In essence, it is the same as the Skilled Independent Visa in the sense that you undergo the SkillsSelect application process and are granted permanent residency rights once received. However, unlike the 189 visa, you must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government agency and have an occupation on the STSOL.

Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 489)
Being a temporary visa, the Regional Sponsored Visa subclass 489 provides applicants with three pathways for skilled workers who want to work and live in regional Australia for up to four years through a state or relative nomination. By holding this provisional visa, you will then be able to have an easier transition into gaining permanent residency through a subsequent 887 visa.

Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)
Although not a SkillSelect visa, the Temporary Graduate Visa is a two-stream skilled-based migration programme. It is designed for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational Institution to live, work and study in Australia temporarily after the completion of their studies.

This is intended as introductory information only. If you are interested in more information please contact us on 1800 793 203 and we will refer you to our Migration partners.